Monday, August 8, 2011

Oahu



My mommy and auntie took me to Hawaii, the island of Oahu! I love Hawaii! It's very relaxing, and we spent most of our time swimming in the clear blue ocean and sunning ourselves on the soft sugary sand.



We stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort in North Shore, with a room that overlooked the surf.



We woke up early every morning to be alone on the beach.




We'd play all day and eat lunches from very yummy lunch trucks in the area. The Shark's Cove Grill was our favorite; they had the freshest ahi ever!



We also took the time to hunt down famous places to eat. Everyone raves about Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and the Hukilau Cafe, the one in that movie 50 First Dates. Mommy and I were addicted to loco moco! :)



Of course, we had to pay our respects to history and those that made it, so we visited Pearl Harbor. There was a big feeling of sadness and pride at the thought of those who had died at the very site where we stood. Mommy and I were very moved!



We ate fresh fruit and vegetables from farmer's stands on the side of the road and were known to sip on a coconut or two.



We visited Waikiki to see the famous beach and walk around the big city.



We even found the Teddy Bear World and museum! I had to go in and see all the teddies throughout the generations and pay tribute to Mr. Teddy Roosevelt, my namesake.




All in all, it was a fun and relaxing trip, full of sunsets and beach adventures. I even met some of the locals, giant sea turtles!



I had the time of my life and hope my mommy takes me back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment